- Good rate of fire, great accuracy for its tier and amazing aim time for any tank above tier 4.
- Excellent ammunition capacity (61 rounds compared to 44 rounds on StuG III Ausf. G.
Large side skirts cover most of the side, help
- mitigate howitzer damage prevalent at this tier.
- Will never see any tank above tier VI.
- Reasonably low movement dispersion.
- Below average view range, even for a T.D.
- Rather low mobility with low speed limits and a weak engine.
- Handicapped firepower, alpha damage, penetration and shell velocity are all bad for a T.D.
- Overall inferior to StuG III Ausf. G in most aspects.
- Being a reward tank, the StuG IV does not have increased credit income.