Due to the complete lack of armor, after a shot, you must immediately roll back into cover, because this vehicle becomes target number 1 when exposed to light.
Swedish Tank destroyers have a unique gameplay with a hydropneumatic suspension, which is activated by a special key, switching the vehicle from traveling to siege mode. The second feature of this branch is the best camouflage among all "classmates". It is thanks to this that the Swedes make excellent ambush snipers.
Due to the lack of armor, in the event of a track hit, it is better to use a repair kit, since even 4 seconds is enough for the enemy to destroy the immobilized vehicle.
Taking into account the fact that this class of Tank destroyers has no turret and is extremely clumsy, and therefore vulnerable to attack from the flank or rear. Often a simple technique is used against such a technique: knock down a caterpillar and, having driven into the stern, prop it up. In order not to find yourself in such a hopeless situation, it is imperative to study the repair as the first skill.
Since most of the battle takes place at close range, instead of perks for increasing accuracy, you can improve the mobility and maneuverability of the vehicle. This will help the skills of the mechanic driver Clutch Braking and the Off-Road Driving. It is better for the gunner to study the Deadeye and the Armorer, because without piercing the frontal armor with conventional shells, opponents often load land mines and can damage the weapon.
If you feel a lack of precision, then, of course, you can improve it with the skills listed in the previous class.
Here you will have to study both Repairs and Concealment. Better to start with increasing stealth. Then improve accuracy and mobility.
Selection equipment for Tank destroyers
The installation of additional modules for each machine requires an individual approach, depending on the above classification.
Assault Tank Destroyers:
As an alternative to the third module, you can increase the view by 10% with Coated Optics or increase the survivability of the Spall Liner to reduce the damage from artillery.
- Gun Rammer - will increase the average damage per minute by accelerating reloading by 10%, must be installed;
- Enchanced Gun Laying Drive - large calibers often have a long mixing, and every second is on the front line;
- Improved Ventilation - if the crew has trained the perks for review and Battle Brotherhood, then an increase of 5% to all tank crew skills is the best choice to increase the combat effectiveness of the vehicle.
Bush Tank destroyers:
The choice of equipment in the third slot depends on the characteristics of the car and the individual preferences of the player:
- Gun Rammer - we increase the average damage per minute by accelerating reloading by 10%, must be installed;
- Binocular Telescope - most of the time passes in anticipation of the appearance of the enemy, so an increase in vision by 25% in a stationary state is the best choice.
Universal Tank destroyers:
- Camouflage net - will help you stay unnoticed for longer while standing motionless in ambush;
- Enchanced Gun Laying Drive- for more targeted sniper shooting;
- Improved Ventilation - if the crew has trained the perks for review and Battle Brotherhood, then an increase of 5% to all tank crew skills is the best choice to increase the combat effectiveness of the vehicle;
Any of the above options is suitable for a versatile tank destroyer, and depending on the vehicle, you can combine assembly options.
It is impossible to mount a gun rammer on French tank destroyers with a magazine system for loading shells.
Combat with Tank destroyers
The gameplay on TD, as follows from the previous paragraphs, depends on the style characteristic of the vehicle. Based on this, let's analyze the tactics on the battlefield:
- Assault tank destroyers push the direction along with heavy tanks;
They pay for powerful frontal booking with poor maneuverability and low top speed. Therefore, the choice of direction must be approached carefully, because often it will not be possible to change the flank.
Despite the thickness of the armor at the front, you should not consider yourself invulnerable. Each car has weakly defended areas that experienced players are aware of. In addition, everyone can load a gold shell with higher armor penetration. Therefore, it is necessary to take a position so as to hide the vulnerable zones behind the relief.
Regardless of whether you are holding your own positions or pushing enemy ones, you should always remember about artillery. SPGs often focus on bulky and unwieldy targets, which greatly complicates the gameplay.
- Ambush. At first glance, the gameplay may seem pretty simple: take a position in the bushes, wait and shoot.
Of course, sometimes it is lucky that an open card falls out, and opponents are thoughtlessly substituted for the shots. But more often you still have to try to shoot the damage and not lose the tank.
At the first stage of the battle, you need to try to work out the spotlight of an allied Light tank.
Unlike assault vehicles, Ambush TD will not be able to hold the flank alone for a long time, so it is better to move with the main forces of the team, which is facilitated by good dynamics.
It is best to shoot hiding behind a double bush, then it is more likely to go unnoticed. On vehicles with a low coefficient of invisibility after a shot (Grille or FV4005), it is recommended not to wait for the “sixth sense” skill to trigger, but to immediately roll into cover after firing.
If the enemies revealed your position, then it is quite possible that the art has also been reduced there and is just waiting for your highlight, so do not be lazy to change your position.
At the same time, it is important to be useful to the team on ambush Tank destroyers throughout the battle, but only to stand in the bushes waiting for the enemy. You need to wisely navigate the map, supporting the allies' offensive.
Playing TD is not at all an easy walk with a lot of damage. The gameplay of this class requires:
- Constant attentiveness so as not to miss the enemy;
- Slowness in order to correctly calculate the trajectory of the projectile to hit at a great distance on a moving tank;
- Know the vulnerabilities of enemy assault Tank destroyers and HT's.