What is Labyrinth in Path of Exile?
The Labyrinth is a randomly generated dungeon filled with traps, puzzles and monsters, culminating in a challenge against Izaro. Completing the Labyrinth for the first time unlocks a character’s Ascendancy class and points for the powerful Ascendancy skill tree. It also offers equipment enchantments, several unique items, and competitive leaderboards.
What types of mazes are there?
- The Statue of the Goddess opened entrance
- Monster Level: 33
- The first Labyrinth requires six trials: one in Act 1, two in Act 2, and three in Act 3.
- Completing the Labyrinth gives a choice of Ascendancy Class, 2 Ascendancy Points, and the chance to add an implicit modifier to a pair of gloves.
The Cruel Labyrinth
- Monster Level: 55
- The second Labyrinth requires three trials, one in Act 6 and two in Act 7, a minimum level of 40, as well as the completion of the first Labyrinth.
- Completing the Cruel Labyrinth gives 2 Ascendancy Points and the chance to add an implicit modifier to gloves or boots. The modifier to gloves has higher values than those in the first Labyrinth.
The Merciless Labyrinth
- Monster Level: 68
- The third Labyrinth requires three trials, one each in acts 8, 9, and 10; a minimum level of 50; as well as the completion of the Cruel Labyrinth.
- Each fight with Izaro requires the player to cross at least two rooms to fight, but the room before the first Izaro fight is always a Forgotten Reliquary.
- Completing the Merciless Labyrinth gives 2 Ascendancy Points and the chance to add an implicit modifier to gloves, boots and helmets. The modifier to gloves and boots have higher values than the previous Labyrinths.
The Eternal Labyrinth
- Monster Level: 75/83
- The final Labyrinth requires six trials, found through the map device, a minimum level of 60, as well as completion of the Merciless Labyrinth. Each run costs 1 Offering to the Goddess. The layout requirements are the same as the Merciless Labyrinth. All mechanics are at full strength for the Izaro fights.
- The Eternal trials and Labyrinth include a new trap type: Sentinel traps. These traps apply one of many effects to an area and can be temporarily deactivated by dealing damage to them.
- Completing the Eternal Labyrinth gives 2 Ascendancy Points and the chance to add an implicit modifier to gloves, boots and helmets. The modifier to gloves, boots, and helmets have higher values than the previous Labyrinths.
A crafting option obtained from a Vivid Abberarach Bulb allows you to enrich an Offering to the Goddess into one of three variants. All variants have a zone level of 83 and Izaro and labyrinth traps are significantly stronger.